- All competitors in a boat must attend the same scholastic program. [Note: The Stotesbury Cup Regatta Committee is evaluating revisions to its current definition of scholastic program, which requires all participants to be students in the same school. For 2019, the Stotesbury Cup Regatta Committee will consider exceptions for inclusion provided that all athletes on the team are students enrolled in institutions within the same school district.
- Competitors (including rowers and coxswains) may enter and compete in only one event.
- Eligibility is assigned to students in their freshman through senior year (9th through 12th grades). Each athlete has four consecutive years (eight consecutive semesters) of eligibility beginning in September of their freshman year (9th grade). After eight consecutive semesters, a student will have completed his/her athletic eligibility and may no longer participate in the regatta. Post-graduate fifth year students (including Grade 13) are not permitted.
- Eligible competitors must not have attained the age of 19 years prior to September 1, 2018.
- Junior events are restricted to competitors in the junior year (11th grade) or lower. Juniors, including coxswains, must not have attained the age of 18 years prior to September 1, 2018. Senior (12th grade) students may not compete in Junior events.
- A school must enter the senior eight in order to enter a second eight.
- No “B” boats are permitted. Only one entry per school per event is permitted.
- All competitors in Boys and Girls Freshman Eight and Freshman Quad events must be high school freshmen (9th graders). Middle school, 7th, and 8th graders are not permitted.
- Crews of home schooled athletes representing multiple public high school districts or more than one high school in a given district are not eligible. Contact Taya DeAngelo for documentation requirements.